Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Homeless and Wired

There have been a few people questioning whether or not I am lying about being homeless or being on dialysis. I just wanted to squash that nonsense right now. Just because a homeless guy has access to the internet or computers doesn't mean he isn't homeless. This is the year 2012. Most homeless guys I know have iPhones, Ipads, Laptops, Blackberries, ect. It isn't unheard of.

We are also a very resourceful bunch. We know where all the WiFi hotspots are. For example, when I was sleeping in the business park in Newport Beach, CA there was a library about 2 blocks away. They never turned their WiFi off at night. I knew this because a buddy of mine had a car and he would go to the library at night and sit in his car long after they closed and get online.

I didn't have that luxury but there was an outdoor courtyard with some benches and working electrical outlets at the library. If I couldn't sleep I would head over to the library and jump online. The only problem with this was sometimes the janitorial staff would show up around 11 or 12 at night and I would have to sneak out of the courtyard top avoid getting caught.

Anyways, I just wanted to put that myth to rest. Most homeless guys aren't wondering around aimlessly pushing shopping carts. Many of us are actually sitting right next to you at your local Starbucks writing in blogs or surfing the net. You would probably have no idea we are homeless. Just goes to show how naive society can be.

Here's a picture of me as proof that I'm a dialysis patient. I'm not on here trying to scam anyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment