Friday, June 8, 2012

Can You Hear Me Now?

You wouldn't think cellphones and homeless people mix but in reality almost every homeless guy I know has a cellphone now. Cellphones are cheap. You can even get a iPhone now on a prepaid plan. I even know some homeless guys that have laptops! Think about it, who needs a cellphone more, the guy with a home or the guy sleeping under a bridge?

People still judge. Bottom line, if you're gonna panhandle, keep your cellphone in your pocket. It doesn't look good to be begging for money while texting or answering calls. I met a dude once that was panhandling and a car pulled up to give him money and he had the nerve to tell the person, "hold on a minute," while he kept jabbering on!


Have I ever used a cellphone while panhandling? Sort of. I was waiting to hear back from a job that I applied to and I felt my phone buzzing. But even I had enough sense to put my sign down and walk around the corner. Panhandling 101. 

No comments:

Post a Comment