Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sign of the Times

If you are going to panhandle you're going to have to come up with a clever sign. Or maybe not. In all honestly, it hardly matters what you write on your sign. A lot of people don't even read your sign, and still give you money. I've heard stories of panhandlers just holding a blank piece of cardboard and STILL raking in the money.

Maybe you still want to be clever or funny. There's some good signs that I've seen. I prefer not to be too clever or funny because it doesn't really matter, and I don't want someone taking my picture and posting it on the web if I can help it.

One thing you might want to consider is should you ask for money? Some panhandlers believe the police can't give you a ticket if you are not asking for cash. In my experience this is hogwash. As long as you are accepting donations from people or vehicles cops can and will find a way to ticket you if they really want to.

Here's a few of my favorite signs that I've seen:







No comments:

Post a Comment